Long, long ago, the Emperor of China offered the Emperor of Japan a Giant Panda in a gesture of peace. You have been appointed to the delicate task of caring for this politically-important Panda and tending to the Emperor’s illustrious bamboo garden. You must cultivate plots of land using irrigation and intelligence so that bamboo, the only food that the Panda will eat, grows in abundance. But beware of the sacred animal’s uncontrollable appetite for crunchy young sprouts…
Cultivate the land, grow the bamboo, feed the panda, and prove yourself worthy of the Emperor’s trust in Takenoko!
A board game for two to four players by renowned designer Antoine Bauza, Takenoko allows you to work the bamboo plantations and care for the Emperor's panda yourself. Colorful miniatures for the giant panda and the Emperor’s gardener suit the game's light-spirited tone, and these figures will be critical to your designs to grow the most beautiful bamboo stands. Takenoko includes more than four dozen plastic bamboo sections and twenty-eight beautifully illustrated garden plots, which combine to create a unique take on the art of gardening that is as aesthetically pleasing as it is fun.
Tending the Garden… and a Giant Panda
In Takenoko, the better you tend your garden, the more prestige you earn. You demonstrate your talents by completing three different types of objectives:
- Plot objectives depict configurations of three or four adjacent plots. If you can arrange the garden’s plots to reflect the pattern on an objective card, you fulfill that objective and score its points.
- Gardener objectives show bamboo shoots grown in specific colors and specific numbers, sometimes with improvements and sometimes without. Whenever the garden contains the bamboo shoots depicted on your gardener objective, you fulfill that objective and can score its points.
- Panda objectives portray two or three bamboo sections of specific color combinations. To fulfill these objectives, you must collect the specified bamboo sections on your player board. But there’s only one way to do this - you must guide the panda to eat the appropriate bamboo!
At this time delivery is only available to Mainland UK destinations. We do not ship internationally.
Standard delivery is by:
- Royal Mail, 1st class (Signed For) [Est. 1-3 days] ... for parcels up to 2kg.
- Parcelforce 48 [Est. 2-3 days] ... for parcels over 2kg (or too large to count as Post Office 'Small Parcel' size).
(Note: Delivery is expected within 2 working days of collection, which is usually the day 'after' booking).
P&P is not charged for (most) orders over £29.95
Parcels will usually be despatched on the next working day - Tuesday to Friday - after payment has been accepted and availability confirmed. Some items are subject to additional P&P charges.
- Additional P&P charges may apply to unusually large, heavy or valuable items.
- It is not usually possible for us to despatch items on Saturday, Sunday or Monday.
- Due to post office and/or legal restrictions, some items (eg. Aerosol Paints, Craft Knives) are only available in-store. These items are listed online only to indicate their availability/price.
See ourpage for full details.
Unless agreed in writing by Clifton Road Games, all returns are at the customer's own risk and expense.
Please contact Clifton Road Games (by phone or email) prior to returning any items in order that neither party is put to unnecessary expense or inconvenience.
FINAL SALE items are not eligible for customer return. This category is generally reserved for products with unknown/random "collectible" content (eg. Trading Card Game Booster Packs), as well as some clearance items.
See ourpage for full details.